Thursday, October 1, 2009

water. can't get enough


I can't get enough water. ever.

I live in the desert, so water is scare. I marvel at the saguaro cactus and they system of holding water within their skin through a simple storage system. The desert life use the saguaro as water tanks, birds drill holes and drink from them. Insects and animals also find ways to seep from these water carriers.

I can't get enough water. I carry around my handy green water bottle where ever I go. The ice melts to quickly, so if I want it cold I need to drink it fast. Otherwise I get warm water, which is better for my body, but not my soul. I think we're suppose to drink 8 glasses of 8 ounces, that makes 64 ounces of water. That's a lot of water.

A few months ago Dr. Oz made a comment on Oprah that you can tell if you are hydrated if you can read a newspaper through your pee, meaning your urine should be clear. If its dark, your not getting enough water. Gross I know, but a good easy test whether your hydrating enough during the day or not. If you find yourself thirsty your already dehydrated.

I drink at least 2 32 ounce water bottles a day and I'm still thirsty. I get up in the night looking for a glass of water. I recently heard that the water you drink while exercising doesn't count because its just replenishing the liquid you are sweating out. It was a 100 degrees this week in Arizona, I'm still sweating and it's October. That could be why I'm just can't get enough water.

One of the keys to weight loss is water. Replace your favorite soda with water and you're guaranteed to drop a few pounds. Drink a lot of water and you're body and digestive system will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! You can have your Diet Dr. Pepper after you reach your 64 oz of water.

    ReplyDelete